Message of the Week 07/07/2023
**Dayton arson update at the bottom of this message**
Open and frequent communication is a goal of the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office. In order to meet that goal, new forms of communication are constantly sought. This week, “The Sheriff’s App” was launched by the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s App is an application that operates on the Apple IOS platform as well as the Android platform. To find the application, search “Lyon County Sheriff’s Office” in the app store. The Sheriff’s App allows the community to remain up to date with Sheriff’s Office activities and community interest.
The Sheriff’s App has the following features:
– Push notifications. Lyon County Sheriff’s Office supervisors in the field will be allowed to push notifications out to the community instantly. For example, if there is a traffic accident and the roadway is closed, they can alert anyone who has downloaded the app of the accident and closure.
– Inmate search. In an effort to reduce phone calls to our Detention Division, this search allows users to check the custody status of individuals being held in our jail.
– Emergency management. The Lyon County Sheriff’s Office and the Lyon County Emergency Management team work closely together. The emergency management portion of the app provides information to the community regarding emergencies caused by natural disasters and other non-law enforcement emergencies.
– Sex Offender search. The Sex Offender search allows the user to open a map that shows pinpoint locations of registered sex offenders in Lyon County.
– School information. Lyon County Schools and their respective School Resource Officers are listed in the application.
– Employee Feedback. This button allows the user to submit commendations or negative encounters with our Deputies.
– Anonymous Submit a Tip. The user can report crime, or provide information to the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office through the application.
– Agency Directory. The agency directory provides Lyon County email addresses for the sworn staff of the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office.
I wanted to touch on the main features of The Sheriff’s App, there are several other features available once the app is downloaded. Please feel free to explore them.
The Sheriff’s App is not a tracking device, the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office cannot see user’s locations, and cannot track your phone. This was a common concern when the app was presented to several community groups.
The app is newly released, and some typos, and image details need to be corrected. These will be corrected when the developer gives “control panel” access to the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office Administration.
I wanted to provide an update on the arson suspect in Dayton, NV. The alleged arsonist has been placed on a no bail hold. The bail amount and his ability to be released was a concern to the community, he will remain in custody at the Lyon County Jail.
Sheriff Brad Pope